Several hundred thousand workers have joined the ranks of the unemployed now that the 2010 US census is over. They join the 10% of the American work force that is unemployed and hitting the pavement in search of new opportunities. These people are our neighbors, our friends, and our family; representing each demographic in terms of age, education and talent. There is probably only one thing that unites them all: they do not possess one of the 10 most sought after certifications in the Information Technology (IT) job market.
The ten most critical certifications that would assure Americans jobs and advancement in the IT marketplace are:
Although the above certifications may not guarantee you a job (extenuating circumstances must be taken into account), they certainly improve your chances of gaining meaningful and stable employment. The industry recognized Dice Report illustrates and discusses these certifications in detail at Dice Report.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) manages projects to a successful conclusion, on-time, on-budget, and using the resources allocated.
- Microsoft's Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) designs, implements and administers technology infrastructures, using Microsoft 2000 Windows Server and Windows Server 2003 platforms.
- CompTIA's A+ certification indicates competency to install networks, conduct preventative maintenance, secure them and troubleshoot them.
- Cisco Certified Network Associates (CCNA) installs, configures, runs and troubleshoots medium-sized routed and switched networks.
- Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP) are developers, trainers, system architects and other tech professionals who want to spotlight their expertise with a range of Microsoft technologies.
- CompTIA's Network+ certification demonstrates competency to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install and configure basic network infrastructures.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) addresses the critical IT security concerns that plague private and government institutions around the world.
- Microsoft's Certified Systems Administrators (MCSA) certification validates ability to manage and troubleshoot network environments based on the Windows Server 2003 operating system. It reflects a unique set of skills required to succeed in a variety of job roles, such as systems administrator, network administrator, information systems administrator, network operations analyst, network technician, and technical support specialist.
- IT Infrastructure Library certification (ITIL) demonstrates the expertise of professionals in tech management with a three tiered program of basic, intermediate and advanced certification.
- CompTIA's Security+ certification demonstrates knowledge of system security, network infrastructure, access control and organizational security.
Unitek Education offers IT training programs which are always taught by certified trainers. We offer training across multiple platforms and vendors including Microsoft training, Cisco training, Project Management, Citrix courses, NetApp, and CompTIA, and prepare students for certification exams. Upon certification, students can qualify for jobs that range from entry level positions to management positions; for those already employed in the field, these certifications can serve as a stepping stone to higher incomes and greater job security. For more information and assistance please call 888-825-6273.