The Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) course is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification. It is a five-day instructor-led course aimed at providing network security engineers with the knowledge and skills needed to deploy Cisco IPS-based security solutions. Successful graduates will be able to reduce risk to the IT infrastructure and applications using Cisco IPS features, and provide detailed operations support for the Cisco IPS.
Located outside our service areas? No problem. We also offer this course in the Live
Online format. If you prefer face-to-face interaction, we offer hotel/airfare packages that are extremely inexpensive. Quite often, we bundle the hotel stay into the cost of the class for no extra charge.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course:
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 1 (ICND1)
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 2 (ICND2)
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) certification
- Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS)
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE
- Channel Partner / Reseller
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Evaluate products and deployment architectures for the Cisco IPS product line.
- Perform an initial implementation of a Cisco IPS sensor.
- Implement an initial security policy using a Cisco IPS sensor according to local policies and environmental requirements.
- Deploy customized policies to adapt Cisco IPS traffic analysis and response to the target environment.
- Implement a basic Cisco IPS data management and analysis solution.
- Implement complex Cisco IPS policy virtualization, high availability, and high performance solutions according to policy and environmental requirements.
- Perform the initial setup of, and maintain specific Cisco IPS hardware.