This course focuses on the foundational skills and knowledge necessary for professionals entering the specialization of network design or working as an apprentice to a more experienced network design engineer. Topics include design of routed and switched network infrastructures and services involving LAN, WAN, and broadband access for businesses and organizations, including service virtualization. The Enteprise Composite Model used in the course facilitates the design, planning, implementation, operation and optimization (PDIOO) through modular design and focus on the relations between modules.
Located outside our service areas? No problem. We also offer this course in the Live
Online format. If you prefer face-to-face interaction, we offer hotel/airfare packages that are extremely inexpensive. Quite often, we bundle the hotel stay into the cost of the class for no extra charge.
It is strongly recommended that learners have the following skills before attending the DESGN course:
- Cisco CCNA® level knowledge
- Practical experience deploying and operating networks built with Cisco network devices and Cisco IOS software
- CCNP® level knowledge of Cisco switching, as found in the Cisco SWITCH (or BCMSN) courses
Who Should Attend This Course
- Channel Partner / Reseller
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Discuss methodology in network design.
- Describe how to structure and modularize the network design using the Cisco Enterprise Architecture Design the Enterprise Campus and Enterprise Data Center modules.
- Design the Remote Connectivity modules as needed.
- Design a network addressing plan and select a suitable routing protocol for a given network design.
- Evaluate security solutions for the network.
- Discuss the design implications of voice transport across the network.
- Discuss the design implications of wireless networking.