NO PURCHASE NECESSARY FOR ELIGIABLE PARTICIPANTS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
ENTRY INTO THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Red Hat Memorial Day 2011 $1,000 Drawing ("Promotion"), Participant must be above the age of majority at the time of entry and must have completed one of the regularly-scheduled, classroom, open enrollment courses listed below in North America between May 30, 2011 and June 3, 2011 (Registration info: www.redhat.com/promo/holiday_week_2011) ("Participant").
- Advanced JBoss Enterprise Development (JB325)
- JBoss for Application Administrators (JB336)
- Linux Troubleshooting Techniques and Tools (RH142)
- Red Hat Enterprise Clustering & Storage Management (RH436)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Solaris Administrators (RH290)
- Red Hat Enterprise SELinux Policy Administration (RHS429)
- Red Hat Enterprise System Monitoring and Performance Tuning (RH442)]
- Red Hat System Administration III (RH254)
- RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199)
- RHCSA Rapid Track Course w/ Exam (RH200)
Exams, virtual courses, and on-site courses are not included.
Employees of Red Hat, Inc. and each of its respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and other agents, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, such employees are not eligible to enter. If you are acting within the scope of your employment, as an employee, contractor, or agent of another party, you warrant that such party has full knowledge of your actions and has consented thereto, including your potential receipt of a prize. You further warrant that your actions do not violate your employer's or company's policies and procedures. Government employees and contractors are not eligible to enter.
ENTRY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY FOR ELIGIABLE PARTICIPANTS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Promotion will take place between May 30, 2011 and June 3, 2011 (the "Promotion Period"). To enter, the Participant must complete a short survey on the first and last day of the class in which he or she is enrolled ("Entry"). The Entry must include the Participant's first name, last name, and email address.
LIMIT: One (1) Entry per Participant. Subsequent Entries will be disqualified. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Only eligible Entries actually received by Sponsor within the Promotion Period will be included in the Prize Drawing. Sponsor will not be responsible for Entries that are in whole or part illegible, incomplete, damaged, altered, counterfeit, manipulated or obtained through fraud or lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, or illegible entries. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entry not in compliance with these Official Rules.
SELECTION OF WINNER: On or about June 7, 2011, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to select one (1) potential winner from the pool of eligible Entries received by Sponsor during the Promotion Period. The potential winner will be notified by email on or about June 8, 2011 using the contact information provided by the Participant in his or her Entry. The email will include required tax documentation which must be completed by the potential winner. The potential winner must complete and return the tax documentation within (7) days of attempted notification by Sponsor in order to receive the Prize.
If a potential winner does not return the completed tax documentation within seven (7) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, that potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize, and Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all remaining eligible Entries until the Prize has been awarded. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Noncompliance with the foregoing, failure to abide by these Official Rules, or return of the prize notification as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and naming of an alternate potential winner.
PRIZE AND ODDS: The Participant whose Entry is drawn at random will receive a Visa gift card valued at $1,000 USD ("Prize").
Prize is subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Prize may may not be transferred or assigned, except by Sponsor. Prize consists of only the item specifically listed as part of the prize. Prize will be delivered to Winners via standard postal mail approximately six (6) to ten (10) weeks after the close of the Promotional Period. Sponsor will not replace any Prize that is lost or stolen. Prize is awarded without warranty of any kind from Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation, except where this would be contrary to federal, state, provincial, or local laws or regulations. The reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, duties, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of the Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply.
CONDITION OF PARTICIPATION: By entering the Promotion, Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Promotion is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or its agents. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Promotion as solely determined by Sponsor.
Prize Winner may be asked to participate in publicity. Except where prohibited by law, a Winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use such Winner's name, address (city and state only), statements, photograph, voice and/or likeness for any advertising and promotional purposes relating to the Promotion, in any media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice, compensation, consideration, review or consent and without regard to moral rights.
- COMPROMISE OF PROMOTION: In the event the Promotion is not capable of running as planned as the result of bugs, virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, technical failures, fraud, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award Prize based on the Entries received before the termination date.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the Promotion, Participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Promotion, or any Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action, and Participant waives his or her right to a jury trial for such disputes, claims, and causes of action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any Participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; or theft, destruction of, alteration or unauthorized access to Promotion Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion, or announcement of the Winner.
- GENERAL RELEASE: By entering the Promotion, Participants release and hold harmless Sponsor, any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or with the acceptance, possession or use of any Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
- GOVERNING LAW: The Promotion is subject to all federal, state, and local laws. The Award Contest and Official Terms are governed and interpreted by the laws of the State of North Carolina (U.S.), without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- OFFICIAL RULES / LIST OF WINNERS: For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners List (available after July 20, 2011), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Elizabeth Gray at 900 Main Campus Drive no later than December 20, 2011. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
- SPONSOR: Red Hat, Inc. ("Red Hat"), located at 1801 Varsity Drive, Raleigh, NC 27606, is the sponsor of the Promotion ("Sponsor").