Course retirement date: Nov. 1, 2011
For a complete list of courseware retirements, see:
This instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to develop Microsoft End-to-End business solutions using SQL Server 2008 in an integrated environment with SharePoint and Office 2007. The course introduces the students to Microsoft Unified Data Model, SQL 2008 Analysis Services, Integration Services, Reporting Services, Report Builder 2.0, SharePoint 2007 Integration, Reporting Services Content Types, Business Data Catalog, and Business Intelligence with Excel 2007 and Visio 2007.
This course is intended for DBAs, Developers and Business Intelligence Professionals seeking an introduction to the Microsoft BI Stack whether for new or existing projects or migration to the Microsoft environment.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A working knowledge of RDBMS
- A working knowledge of Business Intelligence Studio
- A working knowledge of Excel and the Office Ribbon
- Understanding of the goals of Business Intelligence
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack.
- Explain the Unified Dimension Model and when it can and cannot be used.
- Use the new Business Intelligence Features in SQL 2008.
- Create a SSAS Project using the Microsoft Unified Dimension Model.
- Create a Data Mart using Business Intelligence Studio.
- Create a Integration Services project and load a Data Mart.
- Load a Data Mart from a flat file.
- Model Dimensions, Measures and Cubes.
- Learn The basics of MDX query language.
- Understand the pros and cons of Integration into SharePoint.
- Create a Report using Report Builder 3.0.
- Load and Manage Reports with SharePoint.
- Create Report Subscriptions in SharePoint.
- Create and customize the SharePoint Report Center.
- Realize the importance of and customize SharePoint Content Types.
- Explain the differences in workflows in SharePoint.
- Understand and Create a Shared Service Provider in SharePoint.
- Understand and Create a Business Data Catalog in SharePoint.
- Utilize the Business Intelligence add-ins for Excel 2007.