When filling out the loan form, please note:
- The term for repayments requested can be as high as 15 years.
- Loan amount requested can be for more than the course tuition, especially if the student is buying a home computer, etc.
- Interest only payments can be requested while you are training, circle yes on your financial aid form and fill in 6 for the amount of months in school.
- Remember to fill out section C of the application form.
- There is no penalty for early repayment of the loan.
- Remember to sign the form and email back to your Unitek Education Account Manager.
Credit History Check List
If the following criteria apply to the borrower, they must obtain a co-borrower in order to apply for the loan:
- If borrower is not working
- If borrower has limited or no credit history
- The borrower is currently in bankruptcy
If the following criteria apply to the borrower, they might want to consider applying with a co-borrower up front:
- If the student has a poor credit history, has collectors calling
- The borrower has not re-established credit since a bankruptcy has been discharged
- If the borrower has a high debt to income ratio
- If the borrower is often late in paying bills
Note: A borrower who has ever defaulted on a student loan will automatically be denied (there are no exceptions)
Remember to check the box for Deferred Payments and indicate YES and for how many months you would like to defer the payments.
CAREER TRAINING LOAN SM
With New Deferred Payment Feature